TOWN of CARY
CRIME PREVENTION ALERT:
The Town of Cary is seeking your help in reducing the number of burglaries taking place. The current trend is for burglars to target homes owned by Asian business owners. The burglars select unoccupied homes in search of large amounts of cash. There have been at least three reported events within the last week.
To help prevent these types of crimes, please report any suspicious or unfamiliar vehicles or pedestrians in your neighborhood, to include solicitors.
- Make your home look occupied, and make it difficult to break in. To schedule a free home security assessment, call 919-469-4324 and speak with Community Services Sergeant Jeremy Burgin.
- Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed. Even if it is for a short time, lock your doors.
- Consider installing motion activated lights on the exterior of your home to illuminate your property.
- Keep your garage door closed and locked, even when home. If you do leave your garage door open and it is an attached garage – lock the door into the house.
- Consider making bank deposits or keeping large amounts of cash in a secured safe at your business rather than your residence. If you have information about a crime, please contact the Town of Cary Police Department at (919) 469-4012 or Cary Crime Stoppers at (919) 226-2746 (press 3).
If you have information about a crime, please contact the Town of Cary Police Department at (919) 469-4012 or Cary Crime Stoppers at (919) 226-2746 (press 3).